Water & Sewer Systems Manager
Competition Number: 2018-23
Are you looking for a great place to work that offers a manageable work-life balance?
Then the City of Yorkton is the place for you!
Yorkton is a growing city of 20,000 in East Central Saskatchewan and is the retail and service centre for more than 200,000 people. No matter what you are looking for, the City of Yorkton offers a multitude of entertainment, shopping, indoor and outdoor recreational facilities to meet your needs in all four seasons. Additionally there are excellent Educational and Healthcare services, as well as a flourishing artistic and cultural scene.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Public Works, the Water & Sewer Manager will maintain and supervise the water and sewer division in the Public Works Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule and manage all work task assignments for departmental employees and contractors.
- Manage and assist in development of annual operating budget, capital budget and long term capital plans.
- Track, record, investigate and remedy water & sewer complaints. As well as develop new methods related to departmental operations with respect to new/ innovative technologies/equipment.
- Development of policies, procedures and standards relative to water & sewer operation and maintenance.
- Manage all maintenance programs for water distribution and sewer collections operations and any other associated infrastructure.
- Operates distribution and collection systems in accordance with WSA guidelines.
- Monitor and update infrastructure database software (AssetNav) for all water and sewer infrastructure.
- Provide input as required to engineering consultants for the preparation of water and sewer designs and other projects
- Liaison with other utilities to provide permission for them to do maintenance and capital projects.
- On-Call Supervisor for Public Works approximately every 5 to 6 weeks (oversees any required emergency work done by Public Works employees in any operation required).
- Supervise employees and contractors to ensure compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
- Technical Diploma A.Sc.T. or Equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- CSTS/WHMIS, OHS Level 1 and 2, OHS Supervision & Safety, Ground Disturbance, Leadership Safety Excellence, Confined Space, Trench Rescue for Excavations, First Aid/CPR certificate, Fireman’s Boiler certificate, would be considered assets for the position
- Must possess and maintain valid Class 5 Driver’s License and RCMP Security clearance.
HOURS OF WORK:
7:00 to 4:00 (40 hours/week). Rotational weekend on call and emergencies.
The City of Yorkton offers a competitive compensation package, which includes Benefits and Pension
Interested applicants are invited to apply online at www.yorkton.ca. This competition closes July 6th, 2018 at 4:00 pm