Job Description:This position is responsible for the operation of the Water Treatment Plant and lagoon systems in the Hamlet of Lone Rock. Position will monitor, operate, and maintain the facility to Class 1 Water Treatment & Distribution Operator performance levels that meet regulatory standards.
- Monitor, control, and respond to alarms for the water treatment plant and the lift station.
- Responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of the Water Treatment Plant and associated appurtenances.
- Perform skilled work to control treatment processes along with detailed sampling, monitor and analysis of water in compliance with Saskatchewan regulations.
- Analyze test results and instrument readings
- Complete and maintain plant logs and reports
- Make adjustments to plant equipment and systems
- Monitor and inspect plant equipment and systems to detect equipment malfunctioning and to ensure plant systems are operating normally
- Make adjustments to optimize the water and wastewater treatment processes and record process and equipment performance.
- Conduct calibration of online instruments for monitoring and control of the water and wastewater operation.
- Attend accredited job-related training and participate in daily water and wastewater operational practices to achieve and maintain licenses.
- Maintain and inventory of parts and materials to support on-going operation and maintenance of the treatment plants and related infrastructure.
- Class 1 License in Water Treatment and Water Distribution
- 3 years of Water Treatment and/or Water Distribution experience at a Class 1 (minimum) facility or system.
- Knowledge and experience using related testing/monitoring equipment.
Please submit application including Cover Letter indicating Salary expectations
Attention: Krista Bondy
Fax: (306) 387 – 6598
We thank all interested candidates for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.