WATER TREATMENT OPERATOR
Our client is the world leader in water and wastewater treatment service.
Their Technical services are looking for a Water Treatment Operator for Ontario & Western provinces of Canada for the realization of projects and at times may be assigned to the operations of mobile water units—Actiflo technology (physio-chemicals process).
Under the supervision of the Operations, you will be working as a water treatment operator in Ontario and Western Canada. You will need to have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Operate mobile water treatment units;
• Follow-up on the water process treatment by gathering water samplings;
• Perform laboratory analysis like chemicals dosing;
• Carry out preventive maintenance on the equipment;
• Write follow-up reports;
• Troubleshoot, analyze and provide solutions to improve operations (process and/or mechanics).
• Ability to analyze and summarize logical sense and ability to deduce;
• Precision and good working method;
• Good manual skills and dexterity to effectively and gently handle chemicals used in processing;
• Oriented towards customer satisfaction;
• Comfortable working alone and in a team;
• Motivation to work;
• Responsible and organized.
• 1 year of experience required
• Very good practical knowledge and ability to identify problems in electricity, mechanics, instrumentation and control and ability to solve them
• Available for traveling 70% of the time
• Fluence in English, both speaking and writing; French-speaking is an asset
• A valid drivers license and an impeccable driving record are required
• Availability to work at night and live in a camp-based environment
• Diploma of Collegial Studies (DEC) or Diploma of Vocational Studies (DEP) in water treatment or equivalent.
• Contractual position, duration up to 6 months;
• The working location may be in remote regions for mining or industrial sites;
• The schedule may vary between day or night shifts, on a 14/14 days rotation—followed by 12 days of resting (including one day traveling for coming and another for going);
• The lodging and restaurant accommodations may be in a camp site near the project location.
• Competitive salary and per diem
Marc Sarhaddi – Vice President and senior recruitment advisor